SimplyDiag Network Partner:
Auto Security Codes

What pass thru J2534

Marts

Public Member
What's everyone's view on J2534 pass through devices for module programming etc
Is the Bosch KTS the best all round or are folks buying multiple OEM dedicated devices ?

Michael Hill

DPF Doctor
Public Member
Annual Member
Is the Bosch KTS the best all round or are folks buying multiple OEM dedicated devices ?
I have the kts590 and found it fine so far using with PSA and I’ve used it with forscan but if you search this question has been asked already and @Garage Vitals answers in great detail about the pros and cons with passthru.

Garage Vitals

#StrongerTogether Partner
#StrongerTogether Partner
The KTS 590 is a good passthrough device - but if you don't need or want ESI to go with it then you are better off buying one of the manufacturer devices that are the same inside as the 590 Which is approx £1600? (JLR Pathfinder, Approx £680, Ford VCM3 approx £1200, MDI2 Approx £890)
So for instance if you do lots of Ford - Why buy the KTS when you can buy the cheaper VCM3 and have genuine interface for Ford AND use it as passthru for other brands.

Obviously there are many other J2534 devices as mentioned above - ALL passthru will have some form of limitation somewhere along the line.

As I have previously mentioned some software is better than others with passthru - I.E. Diagbox told me there was no update available when I used passthru but when I used the genuine interface 5 minutes later it updated no problem.

SimplyDiag Network Partner:
Pichler Tools