SimplyDiag Network Partner:
Pico Technology

Training to become a diag Tech

shaunauto

Public Member
Hi , what is the best and quickest way to get get more training to become a diag tech ( not trying to skip corners but get on the right track more quicker).I am not in the trade but would love to get in and get some accreditation as well.Always worked on my own cars and family's (mechanical side of things) but love the diag side .I am 53 and want a change in my life and have a passion for this.Only regret i did not do this years ago.Have been subscribed to scanner danner for a few years and understand his teaching methods.I have a few tom denton books and James D Halderman as well.I also have diagnostic assistance and a couple of scopes hantek 8 channel and an old pico 2 channel scope.Can read wiring diagrams ok but could be better.Would like to know where i can get uptodate on diagnosing diesel and petrol vehicles the right way and the tips and tricks to do it first time without chucking parts at it.

Mark-C

Modern cars, Its all wizardry and witchcraft.
Public Member
SimplyDiag Contributor
JD does a boot camp that may be up your street, Or Bosch do a series of two day courses that would give you all you desire.

shaunauto

Public Member
Thanks for the replies will look into it.Steve will you be doing hands on training in your new shop? i am also from the northwest.

Nigel Yardley

Public Member
Monthly Member
I can highly recommend Techtopics diag boot camp.
It’s intensive, 5 days, but it just flows from one subject to the next.

Jt110699

Public Member
personally in australia i havnt found much good availability for training, i bought lots of books and practice on weekends, also soak up as much asi canoff the internet

Steve SDN

SimplyDiag Network Founder
Staff member
SDN Admin
Moderation Problem? Tag me please
personally in australia i havnt found much good availability for training, i bought lots of books and practice on weekends, also soak up as much asi canoff the internet
Speak to @Stephen Kasapis about training in Oz, he is on it like a fat bird on cake as far as training is concerned.

Stephen Kasapis

Public Member
Annual Member
You can give me a call if you like
And I can talk to you about Training. There are lots of opportunities for training in Australia ,Bosch Australia have got some fantastic Training programs. The Tatts magazine is also great to join and very helpful.
Of course we have on this network the our virtual Academy, the sky it the limit when it comes to Training we our all here to help

SimplyDiag Network Partner:
Garage Hive