SimplyDiag Network Partner:
The DPF Doctor

P2097 fuel trim rich

Shaun M

Public Member
Initialy i was thinking air leak but you smoke tested and found no leaks... You could still have an air leak from the brake servo. The smoke detector wouldnt find that because of the one way valve in the system.
Assuming thats ok and not noteing any faults with live data at idle i would be checking o2 sensors during a road test at full throttle to see if they stay rich. This will confirm fuel supply. With no exhaust back pressure and no blocked intake i would use bi directional control to check EGR in case its stuck open a little accounting for low maff reading..Other pids to check would be tempreture and TPS position... Also check the two O2 sensors havent had there wiring plugs swopped around...Disconecting one sensor and confirming the correct code pops up....
Im still thinking about pulling the plug from the maff so it goes into a default strategy....But if it improves any you still wont know whats causing the issue? Mass,Map,O2 sensors as these will all be out of the eqausion....This has got me thinking... looking forward to some answers

Keith Malsher

Public Member
temperature sensor, cheap, is it worth checking or remap Ecu.
please, results of a test drive, have I missed that.
I like the suggestions of a crack in the exhaust or servo leak.

Last edited:

Chris Mangan

Annual Member
Did we ever get to the bottom of this? I now have a 2016 Fiat 595 Arbarth with the same code(P2097) check engine light on, rest voltages of O2’s are zero, fuel trims good and O2’s as expected. Absolutely no driveability issues. Only done basic scan and data read so far.I noticed the catalyst readiness monitors are not set. Everyday’s a school day.

Hendri

FCA and Hyundai Master Technician
Staff member
Problem? Tag me please
Did we ever get to the bottom of this? I now have a 2016 Fiat 595 Arbarth with the same code(P2097) check engine light on, rest voltages of O2’s are zero, fuel trims good and O2’s as expected. Absolutely no driveability issues. Only done basic scan and data read so far.I noticed the catalyst readiness monitors are not set. Everyday’s a school day.
Hi Chris, please make a topic in the correct forums for wupport

SimplyDiag Network Partner:
HR Vitals