SimplyDiag Network Partner:
Our Virtual Academy

oil warning light

Dave T...

Public Member
Monthly Member
Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI Reg MW60 SYH, Vin TMBKF75L0B6039528 74000 miles. Hi, hoping for some help please with the oil warning lamp operation.
The oil lamp does not come on with the ignition or with scan tool cluster test. I am lead to believe that this is correct and that the light is only illuminated if there is a fault i.e. orange for low oil level and red for low oil pressure. I have followed the test procedure for testing the switch, which is to disconnect the single wire connector and use an LED test light between the switch terminal and battery positive. Ignition on the light should not illuminate . Start engine and the light should illuminate which it does so the switch tests ok .
To sum up I am hoping some one has one in the shop and can verify if the oil light come on with the ignition.
Thanks in advance Dave T...

Sheepie

Public Member
Monthly Member
well i had oil pressure problems in a late vw transporter t5 today . Again no oil light as standard! this dash only displays on the center lcd screen of cluster when fault. my fault was oil pressure dropping after 30mins driving

Dave T...

Public Member
Monthly Member
well i had oil pressure problems in a late vw transporter t5 today . Again no oil light as standard! this dash only displays on the center lcd screen of cluster when fault. my fault was oil pressure dropping after 30mins driving
Thanks Sheepie ! i will check this out when next i have the vehicle . Regards Dave T...

Ian durston

Public Member
Annual Member
Hi what happens to the light with the switch unplugged and the engine running you would think the pcm would not see the voltage on the pressure switch being pulled to ground, thus logging a code and putting the light on?

Dave T...

Public Member
Monthly Member
Hi what happens to the light with the switch unplugged and the engine running you would think the pcm would not see the voltage on the pressure switch being pulled to ground, thus logging a code and putting the light on?
Hi Ian, when unplugged no comes on ! but as Sheepie mentioned it might show as a message in the information screen. I don't recall any message but to be honest i didn't think to look . Thanks for your reply, regards Dave T...

SimplyDiag Network Partner:
Avon Tuning